We Are Proud to Support Our Community
The mission of the Wright County Area United Way is to secure and invest in community resources to expand the ability to improve lives locally.
Criteria for Applying
Here is a list of criteria for organizations that are seeking funding.
Grants are funded according to available dollars and at the discretion of the Wright County Area United Way Board.
- Organization must be a 501C3, Public Education, or a Government Agency. We ask for upload of your organization’s legal status paperwork.
- Requests must serve recipients in at least one of the following: Buffalo, Monticello, St. Michael, Albertville.
- Program must provide impact in one of the following areas: Health, Education, Food, Shelter.
- Requests need to provide a sustainability plan.
- Program requests must be accompanied by an organizational photo and biography, available via upload.
- A program budget is required via an excel spreadsheet upload.
- A copy of your organization’s 2017 990 is required, if available, via upload.
- Requests must benefit a group rather than an individual.
- The Wright County Area United Way must be branded and identified whenever your program is mentioned in any type of media or publications.
- Compliance with the United Way Worldwide brand standards.
- You will be expected to provide receipts of purchase for any purchases pertaining to this grant in the 2018 evaluation process.
New in 2018
New this year! If your agency is selected for further consideration, we will be doing panel interviews to learn more about your grant requests. You will be given a 5-10 minute time slot on Tuesday, April 17, 2018 between the hours of 8:00 am- 8:00 pm to present. We will make that invitation via email if you are an agency being considered for 2018 funding.
What You’ll Need to Apply
To apply for a Wright County Area United Way Grant, you will need the following information. It is best to gather all information before you begin, but if you need to, you will be able to save the application and come back to it at a later date.
- Basic Organizational & Contact Information: including the agency’s Federal Tax ID number and a copy of the 501c3 document available for upload
- Project Summary: including overview, timeframe, audience, and expected impact
- Data to support the program need in geographic area: Examples will be provided in the application.
- Budget Overview: A copy of the agency’s 2017 990 form and a program budget, template included. » DOWNLOAD EXCEL BUDGET TEMPLATE «
- Organization Biography and Photo(s): photos can be uploaded
Additional information such as brochures, reports, and samples will not be accepted.
Apply for Funds
The Request for Funds for 2018 has closed. We are fortunate to annually fund numerous programs within our local communities. If you are interested in applying for funding for 2019, please check back on February 1, 2019 to apply online.